What to do if laptop isn't starting?

Aniruddha_Shriwant
Aniruddha_Shriwant Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
what to do if this happens and my laptop is not starting?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just wait a while while it finishes those fixes. On the machine I had that happen to today it took about 15-30 minutes, then continued on normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    Hi Aniruddha_Shriwant
    Unplug the AC power adapter.
    1. Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
    2. If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 35 seconds.
    3. Completely shut down your computer.
    4. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    5. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    6. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    7. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.
    8. Select Troubleshoot.
    9. Advance Option> system restore and Select the Date and Time When Your computer was Working fine and Try System Restore 
    "Hit Accept if its Helpful" 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just wait a while while it finishes those fixes. On the machine I had that happen to today it took about 15-30 minutes, then continued on normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.