Frequent No Bootable Device Nitro 5 AN515-42

ashymeh11
ashymeh11 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
For about a month now my laptop keeps freezing mid use and showing me "no bootable device" error. Whenever I leave it switched off overnight and turn on in the morning, it shows the same error. I checked the bios and it doesn't show any HDD connected.
It fixes sometimes if I reconnect the HDD or leave the laptop be for a while, but sometimes I have to reset the whole computer, or reinstall Windows.
I removed the HDD and connected it to another laptop and it worked okay. I also ran chkdsk on it and it showed no errors. I don't understand what the problem is here. Please help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    >>>It fixes sometimes if I reconnect the HDD >>>

Approximately how many (remove-reinsert) times have you re-seated the HDD so far? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ashymeh11
    ashymeh11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Thanks for taking time to reply and sorry for the late follow up.
    I can't say for sure, but I might have re-connected the HDD around 10-15 times by now. I understand that is not a very healthy thing to do but I had no other choice, given the circumstances.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    The possible causes are the HDD connector itself, the HDD ribbon cable, or the mainboard HDD connector. It might be worth trying a new ribbon cable part number 50.Q3RN2.002. They're very inexpensive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ