Acer Nitro 5 How do you get out of the “preparing automatic repair” loop?

Fxre
Fxre Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So this thing has been appearing on my screen and it says “preparing automatic repair” then going to a black screen. When I’m on that black screen, all I can see is a pointer. I want to get back on my laptop asap because I’ve been playing this game. My laptop is an Acer Nitro 5. This happened when my game “minecraft” froze, so I turned off my pc because I couldn’t do anything else. Now I am trying to fix my screen. I’ve tried many tutorials, many tips from others on this website, and maybe even more. And the worst part is, this happened to me before and it costed $200 to fix it at Best Buy. I don’t want to spend that much money again for my laptop so can you help me?

Answers

• Fxre
    Fxre Member Posts: 3 New User
    I’m now stuck on this screen with the acer symbol and it says “diagnosing your pc” help! 
  • Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Quick Fixes for the Windows Automatic Repair Loop
    "Upon the 'Preparing automatic repair' window, press-and-hold Power button 3 times to forcefully shut down the machine. The system will enter boot repair page after 2-3 times of reboot, choose Troubleshoot, then go on to Refresh PC or Reset PC."

Hit "Accept" if you like the answer.
  • Frankenballs
    Frankenballs Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue. What fixed it was reloading Windows after switching the boot mode from Rst with Optane to AHCI. I was able to reload Windows but after I installed the BIOS update I had the same issue. I went into the BIOS and discovered that the update had switched the setting from AHCI bact to RST with Optane. I switched it back to AHCI and it booted up normally.
  • Cookz
    Cookz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue. What fixed it was reloading Windows after switching the boot mode from Rst with Optane to AHCI. I was able to reload Windows but after I installed the BIOS update I had the same issue. I went into the BIOS and discovered that the update had switched the setting from AHCI bact to RST with Optane. I switched it back to AHCI and it booted up normally.
    I did this and it loads with the acer logo and the spinning thingy and then blue screens saying that pc needs to restart and it will do it for me. And then it goes back to preparing automatic repair and then it stays on that screen without any indication that it is loading.