HELP!! I updated the bios to 1.08 and an error occurred: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION.

ChristianMV
ChristianMV Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Today I acquired my new Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-79 laptop and after updating windows and all drivers, I decided to update the BIOS to the latest update (1.08). It was a success but when restarting the laptop, the error "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" in loop occurred and I cannot start windows. I can only enter safe mode and I saw that some controllers stopped working. I have read that the BIOS cannot be downgrade with flash because it is dangerous and I would like to know how to solve my problem with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION windows error ...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    It's dangerous to update firmware too because of undesireable side effects like this or worse. Turn machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. Choose the erase-everything factory reset. If problem persists, immediately return the machine to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's returns policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks at most. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,738 Pathfinder
    Today I acquired my new Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-79 laptop and after updating windows and all drivers, I decided to update the BIOS to the latest update (1.08). It was a success but when restarting the laptop, the error "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" in loop occurred and I cannot start windows. I can only enter safe mode and I saw that some controllers stopped working. I have read that the BIOS cannot be downgrade with flash because it is dangerous and I would like to know how to solve my problem with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION windows error ...
    As a heads up... NEVER ALLOW WINDOWS UPDATE DRIVERS, LET ALONE BIOS UPDATES. Do yourself a favor and update these manually, if you intend to update that is.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • ChristianMV

Tinkerer

Thank you! sri369 With windows updates you mean not do it automatically from the device manager panel right?
    I did a factory reset as you indicated above and everything went well, I already have the BIOS to the latest version and all the updated drivers!

• JackE
    Just make sure system protection is enabled in ControlPanel's restore point app just in case an automatic Windows update messes up the system. Then you'll have a restore point to go back to. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You tried to update the BIOS manually?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • ChristianMV

Tinkerer

I downloaded the latest BIOS version from the official Acer website and then installed it. This is manual, isn't it? Now AIDA64 not found and when I try to start the program I get a blue screen -_- I I fear that something bad will happen inside the notebook so that AIDA does not start ...

• sri369
    Thank you! sri369 With windows updates you mean not do it automatically from the device manager panel right?
    I did a factory reset as you indicated above and everything went well, I already have the BIOS to the latest version and all the updated drivers!
    This one is slightly differnt:

How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Update using Group Policy
    1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    2. Type gpedit. ...
    3. Browse the following path: ...
    4. On the right side, double-click the Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy.
    5. Select the Enabled option.
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Click OK.
    I downloaded the latest BIOS version from the official Acer website and then installed it. This is manual, isn't it? Now AIDA64 not found and when I try to start the program I get a blue screen -_- I I fear that something bad will happen inside the notebook so that AIDA does not start ...
    Is this happening only for this program, or with other programs too? Does your laptop have an AMD CPU? You could reinstalling this program and see if that helps. If you are using Intel CPU and use this for GPU, you do not need this. 1903 messed up GPU optimization programs while running intensive games. And on 1909 I do not see a need for these since the performance and temperatures seem to be on par with and without these.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • JackE
    ChristianMV  >>>Now AIDA64 not found and when I try to start the program I get a blue screen>>>

You said earlier the ALT+F10 reset 'went well'. Did it? Or didn't it? Like I mentioned earlier, the firmware updates are NOT routinely recommended like driver updates due to the risk of adverse side effects or worse. They should be considered irreversible, because trying to go back to an earlier firmware version is even riskier. Try uninstalling then re-installing aida. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ChristianMV

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    ChristianMV  >>>Now AIDA64 not found and when I try to start the program I get a blue screen>>>

You said earlier the ALT+F10 reset 'went well'. Did it? Or didn't it? Like I mentioned earlier, the firmware updates are NOT routinely recommended like driver updates due to the risk of adverse side effects or worse. They should be considered irreversible, because trying to go back to an earlier firmware version is even riskier. Try uninstalling then re-installing aida. Jack E/NJ 

Yes, I solved the driver problem by resetting windows with Alt + F10, thanks! I already have the latest version of the BIOS + all updated drivers (or so I think). The problem now is that AIDA creates blue screen errors and I don't know if it will be due to some failure in divers, or some thread of the processors that creates problems ... I have already tried to reinstall aida 4 times with different versions and the same thing always happens , only with this program.

• ChristianMV

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    This one is slightly differnt:

How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Update using Group Policy
    1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    2. Type gpedit. ...
    3. Browse the following path: ...
    4. On the right side, double-click the Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy.
    5. Select the Enabled option.
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Click OK.
    Ok! I'll try. I wrote "gpedit" but it fails, can't find the file. I wrote gpedit.msc later and it works, but I can't find the route because you didn't put the route (just put "...") (?) Forgive my awkwardness.
    Is this happening only for this program, or with other programs too? Does your laptop have an AMD CPU? You could reinstalling this program and see if that helps. If you are using Intel CPU and use this for GPU, you do not need this. 1903 messed up GPU optimization programs while running intensive games. And on 1909 I do not see a need for these since the performance and temperatures seem to be on par with and without these.
    Only for this program. Is Intel i7 9750H. And I have an nvidia rtx 2060 graphic that I use as the main card. I have already reinstalled the program 4 times with different versions and the blue screen occurs in all, always the same screen, the same error... -_- I have windows 1903, should I downgrade it to the previous version of 18 or should I upgrade it to 1909? What do you recomend? Which is more optimal to play?
  • sri369
    Ok! I'll try. I wrote "gpedit" but it fails, can't find the file. I wrote gpedit.msc later and it works, but I can't find the route because you didn't put the route (just put "...") (?) Forgive my awkwardness.
    Local Computer Policy
    --> Computer Configuration
    --> Administrative Templates
    --> Windows Components
    --> Windows Update
    --> Sort by Setting --> "Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy" --> double click --> Enabled --> OK --> Close

Only for this program. Is Intel i7 9750H. And I have an nvidia rtx 2060 graphic that I use as the main card. I have already reinstalled the program 4 times with different versions and the blue screen occurs in all, always the same screen, the same error... -_- I have windows 1903, should I downgrade it to the previous version of 18 or should I upgrade it to 1909? What do you recomend? Which is more optimal to play?
    If it is only for Intel processor, use Throttle Stop, much smaller, easier too.
    And stay on 1909.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • ChristianMV

Tinkerer

Thanks for all!! Now we just have to solve the problem with AIDA64, I will get in touch in their forums.

• JackE
    ChristianMV>>>Now we just have to solve the problem with AIDA64>>>

F2 at boot to enter the BIOS menu. Try disabling VTx and VTD virtual machine options. Save setting and exit. Shut down again. Turn machine back on and try aida again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    sri369 gpedit (group policy) its only available on win10 pro/enterprise not available on home :) ChristianMV anything on home had to be done via regedit if you need i have a regedit file to enable and disable windows updates completely and you also have to disable the service on services.msc

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• ChristianMV

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    ChristianMV>>>Now we just have to solve the problem with AIDA64>>>

F2 at boot to enter the BIOS menu. Try disabling VTx and VTD virtual machine options. Save setting and exit. Shut down again. Turn machine back on and try aida again. Jack E/NJ

I tried but it didn't work -_- The same blue screen.

• ChristianMV

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    sri369 gpedit (group policy) its only available on win10 pro/enterprise not available on home :) ChristianMV anything on home had to be done via regedit if you need i have a regedit file to enable and disable windows updates completely and you also have to disable the service on services.msc
    I have a Windows Pro but I didn't find the file (?) However I think I could do it from "gpedit.msc". Anyway could you send me your regedit file? :)

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkXXDz5knA1mmykCC4xBz242qBoC

And fond forget to also disable the update service in services

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• ChristianMV

Tinkerer

At last!! I already know why AIDA64 didn't work. The Intel Rapid Storage driver was not installed correctly. Problem solved. : D
  • JackE
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ