ScreenDoor effect on Helios 300 -2019 HELP!!!

Sud91
Sud91 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All, i am new here. Straight to the point, my new laptop screen has visible screendoor effect on certain colors (sky blue, orange). This is very annoying and takes all the fun away from the visuals where such colors are heavy. I have raised the case ID twice and even went to service center but people there are plain idiots even though they notice the difference but they such things won't be covered and you won't get replacement. For the second case ID they actually told me that they have placed a lcd replace request but it was all just a lie. Now my patience is wearing thin and i am tired chasing them. Not sure what to do. I am thinking of registering a complaint in consumer court.

Note: I have written just the main points, the story of going through service center/ Case ID is just too long and painful to explain but i hope you get it.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    This is a community support board, Acer support personnel don't typically show up here, though they have on occasion. Can you show us images that show the affect?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sud91
    Sud91 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2019
    billsey said:
    This is a community support board, Acer support personnel don't typically show up here, though they have on occasion. Can you show us images that show the affect?
    Sorry for the late reply i have attached a pic but i doubt you will find the difference because the picture taken via my phone doesn't capture it quite accurately. Anyway if you look at the down-right corner the color above the dark blue looks grainy.

[Edited SN by Moderator]

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Sud91 said:
    Hi All, i am new here. Straight to the point, my new laptop screen has visible screendoor effect on certain colors (sky blue, orange). This is very annoying and takes all the fun away from the visuals where such colors are heavy. I have raised the case ID twice and even went to service center but people there are plain idiots even though they notice the difference but they such things won't be covered and you won't get replacement. For the second case ID they actually told me that they have placed a lcd replace request but it was all just a lie. Now my patience is wearing thin and i am tired chasing them. Not sure what to do. I am thinking of registering a complaint in consumer court.

Note: I have written just the main points, the story of going through service center/ Case ID is just too long and painful to explain but i hope you get it.
    Sorry to hear you are having issues with your unit, we sent you a private message. 

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.