Acer Switch 3 (SW-312) - Switch 3 - Does the Micro SD Card sit flush?

Options
sb9889
sb9889 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, just a simple Q about the Acer Switch 3 (SW-312), does the Micro SD card sit flush to the edge of the device when fully inserted? Or does it stick out a bit? I want to use a Micro SD card for semi-permanent expanded storage for daily use, so ideally I would want it to sit flush

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi!!

@sb9889,       

NOTE: When you insert the Micro SD card, at one point you need to give a little force. When you do that, you can hear a locking sound. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi!!

@sb9889,       

NOTE: When you insert the Micro SD card, at one point you need to give a little force. When you do that, you can hear a locking sound. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• sb9889
    sb9889 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thankyou guys : )  kinda wish it was flush, but oh well : )
  • archiefkljdkf
    archiefkljdkf Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I do not notice anything sticking out of the sd-card slot on my switch 3 (SW312-31-P3V3).
    I would not leave a sd-card as permanent storage though: this cpu has a documented bug that will kill it through sdcard prolonged usage. Same with usb ports. Seems to be a voltage issue. Best leave all ports for intermittent usage, lest you plan to dump the tablet within 2 years.
    My fix will be to attach a self powered hub with card reader. Power delivery should make up for attached cable/loss of mobility. Also limit battery charge to 80% while so connected.
    Hope this helps.

• PlanetMercury
    PlanetMercury Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
     this cpu has a documented bug that will kill it through sdcard prolonged usage. Same with usb ports. Seems to be a voltage issue. 
    I looked that up since I was curious and it looks like Intel retracted that bug after they realised the issue had already been fixed before shipping.