Webcam is not working/not visible on Aspire VN7-593G/Windows 10

Options
anev
anev Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey,
My webcam is not working on my Aspire V Nitro. The camera app says that it can't find the camera and there is no camera devices in the device manager. I can't find any information about the type of webcam and ACER has no camera drivers available for my model.
Any help to how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sometimes they will show up in device manager by selecting view hidden devices. If not maybe the cable came unplugged. If you are in warranty just contact Acer support and they will fix you up, if out of warranty you might think about opening it up to check the cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Options
    Click on the below link for troubleshooting webcam issue :+1:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/553016/how-to-fix-integrated-webcam-not-working-on-windows-10

Hit "Accept" if you feel the answer is useful for you.

• anev
    anev Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it wasn't helpful. Since my camera does not exist in my device manager, I can't use that method. I cannot find any drivers available from Acer or Windows for the webcam (I believe it is Crystal Eye?) so I cannot download the driver manually.
    Will a re-installation fix the issue?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    Options

Add Imaging Devices Manually

1. Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
    2. Type hdwwiz.cpl and Click OK
    3. Click Action and choose Add Legacy Hardware

4. Click Next, and choose “Install the hardware that i manually select from the list” and click Next, scroll down to choose Imaging Devices and Click Next.

5. Locate the missing device through the manufacturer’s tab and add it.
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sometimes they will show up in device manager by selecting view hidden devices. If not maybe the cable came unplugged. If you are in warranty just contact Acer support and they will fix you up, if out of warranty you might think about opening it up to check the cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.