Aspire 5 A514-52G - Can't Change BIOS Option SATA mode 'RST with Optane' to AHCI after updating

Options
etagro
etagro Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,
I have recently bought Acer A514-52G. I was able to select SATA mode and it was set RST with Optane. I updated the bios to 1.09 and now the option is disabled. It stuck to 'RTS with Optane'. I can't install linux with SATA mode ' RST with Optane', installer unable to see the SSD disk. I tried to reset the BIOS, set supervisor password, disable secure boot, nothing changed, the option is still disabled. I can't downgrade the BIOS or change SATA mode with BIOS 1.09 so please advise!..

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Try pressing Ctrl+S while inside the BIOS menu to see if the option re-appears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Try pressing Ctrl+S while inside the BIOS menu to see if the option re-appears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• etagro
    etagro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks, it worked!..
  • luucas
    luucas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    it does not work for me.
    pressing ctrl+S only shows 2 other options that have nothing to do with SATA mode
    please help
  • JackE
    Options
    VMD or Intel Volume Management Device, usually in the BIOS Main tab, is the new term used for enabling or changing SATA mode. It's usually enabled  by default and must be carefully disabled by a SafeBoot procedure  to change SATA mode to the standard AHCI to avoid corruption.  

Jack E/NJ