Gateway ZX678-UB21P - ACER IPSB-AG D33D66 N14939 Boot Issue (3 -3 Beep)

scribe01
scribe01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
 Gateway ZX678-UB21P All-in-One with ACER IPSB-AG D33D66 N14939 Motherboard. Will not recognize first 64k of RAM. Works ok as monitor through HDMI port, but will not boot. Where is the RAM controller? Can it be purchased and replaced?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    They won't spec the chips down to that level, just which chipset is in there. You might look on eBay or Amazon for a replacement motherboard to fit...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    RAM controller is soldered to the motherboard, so not really replaceable. I assume you've verified the memory sticks are all good?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • scribe01
    scribe01 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks for the feedback. If I could source the chip I might be able to replace it with my SMD rework kit or find a repair depot for the board. If not, I might just use it as an HDMI monitor with DeX.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    They won't spec the chips down to that level, just which chipset is in there. You might look on eBay or Amazon for a replacement motherboard to fit...