Screw Schematic / Physical part listing - acer aspire 515-51

Falwaeth
Falwaeth Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought an acer aspire 515-51 laptop four or five years ago from a wal-mart. I don't remember it coming with a manual, I think i had purchased the floor model. I took it apart a few months ago because certain keys stopped working, and I thought I could solve the problem. I thought incorrectly. I was in a bit of a hurry on the reassembly, and just snapped the back panel back on without putting any of the screws back in. Got a bluetooth keyboard to resolve that situation.

Today I put everything back together. The 15 back panel screws were installed, but i have two left over. Both have the same thread as the back panel screws. One is about twice the length of the back panel screw, with a blue dot on the threads.The other is half the length of a back panel screw, with a blue dot on the threads. They both have the same head as the back panel screws. Is there a screw schematic for this laptop that anyone could share with me? Or a physical part manual with detailed information?

Answers

• Falwaeth

Tinkerer

With no way to edit this post, I want to make a few corrections. Only making the purchase two years ago (life took some pretty drastic turns, felt like a lot longer). The small screw looks similar to an m-2 in length.
  • Hello,
    Could you post a picture by indicating the missing screws?
    France
  • Falwaeth

Tinkerer

sorry about the quality, it was taken on an older phone
  • sorry :) I would like a picture of the bottom by indicating the missing screws.
    France
  • Falwaeth

Tinkerer

sorry :) I would like a picture of the bottom by indicating the missing screws.
    There are no missing screws on the back panel, I'll take a picture of it with the panel removed as soon as i can.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Hello,
    I misunderstood your first message :/. I checked and listed the screws needed to remove the back panel. Could you measure the length of the screws showed on your picture?
    1. RAM door (mm): M2.5x6.0
    2. HDD door (mm): M2.5x6.0
    3. HDD module (mm): M2.0x3.0 (qty=4)
    4. Bottom (mm): M2.5x6.0 (qty=17)
    France