Battery problem, plugged in 2% available E1-571g

Cristi_cj2
Cristi_cj2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello!

I own an Acer laptop for 7 years now, E1-571g, the one with i5-3230m and nvidia 710m, 4gb of ram and I am very happy with it, but I have a problem.
One night I let my battery drain off completly, like it was 0% for at least 10 minutes (that happened maybe like 3-4 years ago I think) and the problem since then is that my battry charged very slowly and drained off in no time and now it doesn't charge at all. If I unplug my laptop I have maybe 3-4 minutes on battery then it locks on.

Currently if I keep my mouse over the battery icon it says "2% available (plugged in)". In another topic I saw that there is also written "charging" or "not charging", and I had that too, but it dissapeared...

I tried several things, ex. reinstalling drivers for battery, but it does not change anything. The interesting thing is that if I turn on my laptop without the battery in it it shows that I have 255% available. I read that there is some register and it might have broke. 

I am 95% sure that a new battery will solve this, but 5% I am afraid that my motherboard is kinda faulty too, so I dont want to buy a new battery for nothing. What I am supposed to do to check and to be 100% about the problem? I do not have another laptop like this or another battery to test it.

Thank you!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hello!

I own an Acer laptop for 7 years now, E1-571g, the one with i5-3230m and nvidia 710m, 4gb of ram and I am very happy with it, but I have a problem.
    One night I let my battery drain off completly, like it was 0% for at least 10 minutes (that happened maybe like 3-4 years ago I think) and the problem since then is that my battry charged very slowly and drained off in no time and now it doesn't charge at all. If I unplug my laptop I have maybe 3-4 minutes on battery then it locks on.

Currently if I keep my mouse over the battery icon it says "2% available (plugged in)". In another topic I saw that there is also written "charging" or "not charging", and I had that too, but it dissapeared...

I tried several things, ex. reinstalling drivers for battery, but it does not change anything. The interesting thing is that if I turn on my laptop without the battery in it it shows that I have 255% available. I read that there is some register and it might have broke. 

I am 95% sure that a new battery will solve this, but 5% I am afraid that my motherboard is kinda faulty too, so I dont want to buy a new battery for nothing. What I am supposed to do to check and to be 100% about the problem? I do not have another laptop like this or another battery to test it.

Thank you!
    Try BIOS defaults and a battery reset

If above 2 solutions does not fix the issue then try BIOS update ( please be careful before you update the BIOS firmware )

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Cristi_cj2
    Cristi_cj2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Rudy21 said:

Try BIOS defaults and a battery reset

If above 2 solutions does not fix the issue then try BIOS update ( please be careful before you update the BIOS firmware )

I updated my BIOS last month to the last version I found on the acer website. The first options you said was to reset BIOS options to default? I never changed them, about the battery reset, I will perform this with a calibration today and I will post the result as soon as possible