Can i put a Hard drive into this? Aspire 3 A315-54k

Staycee30
Staycee30 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey, i just got the Acer Aspire 3 A315-54k and didn't check storage 🙈 So i need to find out if i can add the hard drive from my old acer in to this one and also how? There seems to be a space for it but no where to connect it 🤔 appreciate any help! 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    If it's a 7mm thick 2.5" HDD, it should fit. If a 9.5mm thick HDD, it may not fit. The HDD connector is shown in the image below. You must find it on your own mainboard by referencing its location to other mainboard items listed.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Staycee30
    JackE said:
    If it's a 7mm thick 2.5" HDD, it should fit. If a 9.5mm thick HDD, it may not fit. The HDD connector is shown in the image below. You must find it on your own mainboard by referencing its location to other mainboard items listed.  Jack E/NJ

Thanks I've found that. Now what 🤣 there isn't a cable for me to attach the hdd to it 🙈
  • Staycee30
    Does anyone know where i can purchase the right cable to attach it to the motherboard? Thanks 😁
  • I don't know where to get these pieces in the UK:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Staycee30
    Thank you 😁 I will try to find it in the Uk.
  • Post the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    You don't need all those screws and brackets. The HDD can be properly immobilized and protected inside the case using only antistat foam. This is all I ever use in my laptops--- no brackets or screws. The FFC cable can be any standard 2.5" HDD laptop SATA3 internal laptop cable that will fit inside the case. These should be available at any good computer repair shop so the exact  ACER part number is not needed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Staycee30
    JakeE is it this one??
  • Staycee30
    If not is there any chance you can show me what it looks like so i can show the guy at the laptop place see if he has one for sale haha Appreciate the help
  • JackE
    >>>i can show the guy at the laptop place see if he has one for sale>>>

Yes, that looks like the cable. Did your old machine have a cable or was the HDD just plugged into a socket on the mainboard. If the guy at the laptop place doesn't know what a standard 2.5" SATA3 internal HDD cable looks like, you better find another laptop shop.    :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Staycee30
    edited November 2019
    It was plugged into the socket on the mainboard. So its the one above or this other i found 🤣🙈
  • Staycee30
    Or this one.
  • JackE
    If it's advertised for an internal laptop 2.5" HDD/SSD then it should be fine as long as it's not too long so it won't fit inside the case, or it's not too short so it won't reach the HDD or motherboard sockets. You can get the exact fit ACER-certified cable from CentralPoint for a bit extra money. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ