Orion Predator 3000 Ethernet gone.

ExcellentLlama
ExcellentLlama Member Posts: 2 New User
So about six months ago I bought a Orion Predator 3000, wounderful machine, that is until one day I started the PC and the Ethernet option was gone, I mean every trace of there even being a Ethernet card or whatever was gone. I dont know what I did for it to happen, I was just playing games, I searched far and wide and did everything I found on google and other forums. One day after a few weeks it was just randomly back, like nothing had happen.

Cut to maybe a month or two ago it happend again, it just dissapeard, this time while the PC was still on, and I was just watching youtube. I unplugged the Ethernet cable and rocket WiFi for a while, after maybe a week I plugged the cable back in and it was working. 

Now when I started the PC this morning, same thing. I'm going to try to unplugg and just use WiFi for a week or so. But this is really annoying, sure, Wifi works great but I want Ethernet. Is there anyone else whos had this problem and know a permanent fix? Please... I need help, this is driving me insane..

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I wonder if some condition is taking the port into power save mode? Check in Properties to see if you can disable power saving... If that doesn't work, next time it happens try a full shut down with full power off. Shut down normally, pull the power cord then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to bleed off any residual. See if it comes back immediately then.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    I wonder if some condition is taking the port into power save mode? Check in Properties to see if you can disable power saving... If that doesn't work, next time it happens try a full shut down with full power off. Shut down normally, pull the power cord then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to bleed off any residual. See if it comes back immediately then.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ExcellentLlama
    ExcellentLlama Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    I dont know if this was the fix or if it was because I havent been on the PC for a couple of days when I was on cruise. But I have ethernet now! If the problem comes back I'll try your answer again! Thanks!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Member Posts: 2 New User
    dude thaank youuuu!!!!!!! turned it of and held power key for 30 sec w/ no power saving mode. i have had this problem for YEARS! suddenly it just stops working then works again, THANK YOU!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Member Posts: 2 New User
    i made  this account to say thank you

• billsey
    Glad we could help. :)