Adding SSD to Nitro AN517-51

harbledown
harbledown Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm thinking about adding an SSD in the spare M2 slot, mainly to have a clone backup of the main drive. Will the laptop boot from either of the drives?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning harbledown !

If you install an M.2 SSD you should clone and set the system to boot from SSD and not keep operating system files on the HDD as it may generate boot errors.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• harbledown
    Thanks  McClane, but you misunderstand. I already have an M2 SSD and the laptop boots from it. I'm talking about installing a second SSD to clone from the existing SSD.  My question is whether it boots from either SSD. 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Sorry, I got it wrong.
    But what is the need for 2 SSDs with operating system on the same device?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• harbledown
    I would clone the existing SSD to the new SSD as a backup. What I'd like to know is whether the system allows you to choose to boot from either SSD. 
  • Why don't you do this?
    https://youtu.be/cCmAOwRYNwY
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • harbledown
    I know how to install a second SSD. That doesn't answer my question. 
  • Why do you want a backup clone? By doing so, two windows will appear in the bios boot section. Wouldn't it be better to just leave the second drive as backup for your personal files without windows installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)