How do I fix “connect to network”?

Sdmama
Sdmama Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Chromebook 15 and it was power washed. I can’t connect to a WiFi. The toggle always says “off” but try to turn on and it doesn’t show anything. No WiFi’s are listed and when I try to manually do it it says “unknown network error”. It is not a WiFi issue as I can connect on multiple devices. I am stuck on the welcome screen so I can’t  do much from the screen. Help please!!!!

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Sdmama Hi Please follow the below steps

Method 1 : 
    1. Turn on your Chromebook and once you get in to login screen press and hold ctrl + Alt + Shift + R then click power wash from here 

2. Once power wash is completed Login to your Chromebook and tried to connect to your wi-fi network..

Method 2 : 
    1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold the Esc key and refresh (F3) key and then press the power button to turn on the Chromebook.
    3. The Chromebook will boot to Developer Mode. Press Ctrl + D to turn off OS verification.
    4. When prompted to turn OS verification off, press Enter and the Chromebook will restart.
    5. At the OS verification is OFF screen, do not press the space bar. The recovery process will start automatically after approximately 15 seconds.
    6. The restore process takes about 5 minutes. A progress bar appears at the top of the screen.
    7. The Chromebook restarts and prompts to re-enable verification. Press the space bar.
    8. Press Enter to confirm that you wish to turn OS verification on.
    9. OS verification is back on and Chromebook reboots automatically.
    10. The "Welcome!" screen will be displayed and you can complete the on screen instructions.

Method 3 : 
    1)     Open Google chrome on another working computer and get into web store

2)     In search type recovery utilities and add it to Google chrome

3)     Insert the flash drive or External SD card and click on Create Recovery Media

4)     It will ask for the Model Number (Use SNID to find model Number or follow the next step)

5)     Press and hold ESC and REFRESH + POWER button, A yellow exclamation will be displayed

6)     Press CTRL+D to begin developer mode, then Enter. A red exclamation mark will be displayed

7)     At the very bottom on the developer mode you can find the Chrome book exact model number ( Screen shot below)

8)     Creating recovery media will take 15-20 Mins. Then Follow step 4,5,6.

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Sdmama
    1. Navigate to chrome://net-internals#chromeos in your browser. 
    2. Hit ‘Store debug logs’. 
    3. This will store a file named debug-logs_<timestamp>.tgz in your Downloads folder. 
    4. Open a feedback form by pressing alt-shift-i
    5. Attach the tgz file to the feedback report, as well as explain what you are experiencing. 

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"