Why does acer nitro's own ssd not showing up on my new Acer nitro 5 an515-54 laptop

ugurr
ugurr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

i buy Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Intel Core i5 9300H 8GB 256GB SSD GTX1650 Freedos 15.6.  acer's own ssd is not showing up. i try everything.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ugurr
    So if you remove the hdd windows boots normally with the ssd? Definitely sounds like secure boot if that's the case. There might be some problems allowing legacy mode, switching your computer on the system looks through the drives and chooses the drive secure boot is active on, your hard drive. The easiest way to fix the issue is to backup important data on that drive and just format it. Unless someone has an actual solution. Or you could try accessing your BIOS and change the boot order (try that first) But that wouldn't make sense as the ssd is in the slot thats typically first on the list.

Disconnecting the hdd caddy and plugging it back in once you're in windows on your ssd should be alright. I will occasionally disconnect it to put in another hard drive while my computer is on but my computer isn't your own so try it at your own risk. I believe its all plug and play at the end of the day so you should be alright.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"