Acer aspire e1 430 BIOS or something else

Feky
Feky Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ok, first of all, i'll describe situation-i changed BIOS settings, but only from UEFI to legacy, saved, restart laptop, than it showed i cant boot my system, some file is missing, but i planed to install new system, so i didn't care, restarted to enter to BIOS again so i can change boot devices but just black screen, no beeps for some error or something and cant do anything since then...
I tried to reset BIOS, nothing, changed battery, still nothing, checked RAM, it is good, connect it on tv, nothing, pressed fn+f5 and fn+f6, still nothing
Tried all solutions that i could find, except recovery BIOS, because i dont have another pc or laptop... 
I believe it's BIOS problem, cause everything worked ok before i changed from UEFI to legacy... 
When i press power key, i see hdd led blink on one second, and after that nothing, but i hear fan and even hdd, but very quiet, power led is on
Maybe if someone could provide me files, maybe i could try recovery BIOS by put that files on usb with phone

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Remove charger. Remove battery door on bottom and disconnect battery. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Then reconnect the battery, plug the charger back in. Turn machine on and immediately tap F2 key to enter BIOS menu, do not wait for ACER logo to appear. Change  back to UEFI boot strap. Save settings and exit. If you install another operating system, you should keep UEFI mode and install with a GPT partitioned USB drive using Rufus. If you use legacy BIOS you will lose everything on your GPT partition HDD if you convert to MBR.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Feky

Tinkerer

I don't even get acer logo, screen is black all the time
  • JackE
    Yes, but did you remove charger,  battery door, disconnect battery and do the power button drain already?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Feky

Tinkerer

Yes, and even remove bios battery, and tried that way, but nothing
  • JackE
    Try this. Turn the machine completely off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key for a few seconds. Then press the F9 key for another few seconds to try to load BIOS defaults. Then press the F10 key to try to save the default settings. Then press the ENTER key to try to exit and boot the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Feky

Tinkerer

Nope, still nothing 😭
    And i don't have another laptop or pc to try crisis
  • You tried removed hdd
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Feky

Tinkerer

Yes, tried with other hdd, tried to format hdd, removed all components, really everything, so i think that i could just try recovery bios with usb, but i cant find how should i name the file even if i find some and which format it should be
  • JackE
    >>>And i don't have another laptop or pc to try crisis >>>
    >>>so i think that i could just try recovery bios with usb>>>

How can you even do this?  You said you don't have another laptop or pc? 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Feky

Tinkerer

Phone and otg, that's all i have
  • JackE
    Can you even run the unzipped Windows exe file on the tablet to see if it will further extract more files? You'd be looking for file with a  BIN, ROM, or WPH extension that would be re-named and then copied to the root directory of an MBR-partitioned FAT32-formatted USB flash drive. This would be used to try to flash the BIOS chip via the FN+ESC cold boot method. Be forewarned that the FN+ESC method usually fails especially if a previous flash attempt with the v2.04 exe also failed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Feky

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Can you even run the unzipped Windows exe file on the tablet to see if it will further extract more files? You'd be looking for file with a  BIN, ROM, or WPH extension that would be re-named and then copied to the root directory of an MBR-partitioned FAT32-formatted USB flash drive. This would be used to try to flash the BIOS chip via the FN+ESC cold boot method. Be forewarned that the FN+ESC method usually fails especially if a previous flash attempt with the v2.04 exe also failed. Jack E/NJ 
    No, but i hoped that someone can download it and extract and upload somewhere... I extracted some files and i get some BIOS.cap file, but no BIN ROM or WPH
    and i can format usb with phone and put that file on it
  • JackE
    The BIOS.cap is already the correct filename to use for the FN+ESC cold boot flash method. BIOS.cap should be the only file in the root directory of the MBR-partitioned FAT32 formatted USB flash drive.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Feky

Tinkerer

Ok then i should just find out how to make mbr usb with phone if there is a way..., i didnt know it have to be mbr
    Does size of usb matters? 
  • JackE
    Most ready-to-use USB drives are already MBR partitioned FAT32 formatted. The size only needs to be large enough to accomodate the BIOS.cap file. Almost any size should be fine. You might have to try all 3 USB ports because the BIOS chip might be able to read only one of them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ