Predator Helios 500 problems with Realtek Audio Drivers.

Logan_Tackett
Logan_Tackett Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got this laptop about 3 weeks ago, and it works great other than the audio. With the default drivers everything works fine but the microphone quality, which sounds distorted and very low quality. Also it doesn't identify my mic/headset in the sound settings but the mic still works, just poorly. It worked great on my last computer (RIG 500 PRO headset), so I assumed it was a drive problem and uninstalled the default and installed the latest Realtek drivers. Now with the new drivers the audio and mic work perfectly except for that the mic is very quiet and the headset only works half the time when plugged in, I have to plug it in and wait a minute for it to finally play audio through the headphones, only a problem with the new driver. I don't see any duplicate drivers in device manager either (I turned on hidden devices). I also tested with my earbuds that work on my phone and the same problem happens on the laptop with the new drivers. Also still doesn't identify any headphones including the phone earbuds. Any help?

Answers