Can I use an ultrawide 2560x1080p monitor with my Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-57D4?

josearreaza
josearreaza Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys, 

I currently have the Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-57D4 laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=acer+aspire+e15+e5-575g-57d4+940MX&qid=1574704252&sr=8-5. It has an Nvidia Geforce 940MX with 2GB Dedicated VRAM and an Intel Core i5-7200U 3.1Ghz.

I want to buy this monitor: LG 29WK600-W 29" UltraWide 21:9 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078GL93KG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

My plan is to connect the monitor via USB-C to Display Port. 

Will this work? Can my laptop handle this monitor's resolution? 

I'll appreciate your help. Thank you!

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It would be better quality if your equipment had a native DP, which it does not have.
    Even adapters depend on native and controller connections.
    I really recommend that you keep your model's original native HDMi connection, which has the following features:

Note that native support is only in version 1.4b which only has full 1080p video resolution

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    If my answers helped you, check accept to help others in the forum!
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good afternoon josearreaza !

Your laptop has a Gen1 USB-Type C connection.
    Only Gen2 with Thunderbolt support can transfer video.
    So not supported.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• josearreaza
    Hi @MaClane, thanks for your answer. 

So, should I use HDMI to HDMI cable? Or maybe an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter?
  • MaClane
    Adapters will not work.
    Maybe some converter.
    But the ideal would be to use the HDMi port in its native configuration.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• josearreaza
    MaClane said:
    Adapters will not work.
    Maybe some converter.
    But the ideal would be to use the HDMi port in its native configuration.

Hi again @MaClane , I found this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G796JF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sDu3Db4D4HQXA

It should work, right?

Do you think is worth it or would you still recommend HDMI to HDMI? I read that I would get better quality if ai plugged in via DP, but I don't know. 

Thanks!
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    It would be better quality if your equipment had a native DP, which it does not have.
    Even adapters depend on native and controller connections.
    I really recommend that you keep your model's original native HDMi connection, which has the following features:

Note that native support is only in version 1.4b which only has full 1080p video resolution

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• josearreaza
    @MaClane thanks for your help! I will follow your suggestion. You saved me money!  =)
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    If my answers helped you, check accept to help others in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™