Swift 3 sf314-41 - WiFi adapter disables weird issue

Carbide
Carbide Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys,
I have a new laptop which is hardly 2 months old and facing this weird problem with WIFI. It seems like if I open the lid in a particular way the wifi network adaptor gets disabled and I have to reset the network under network and internet settings. But today it didn't even got enabled after reset then I had to shutdown the system closed and opened the lid to 180 degrees max and turned on the system to check and luckily the wifi got enabled again. I thought it might be a driver issue but I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem... did anyone have this problem or found solution kindly let know. Thank you for your time....
Serial number - ************************ 

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Carbide said:
    Hi guys,
    I have a new laptop which is hardly 2 months old and facing this weird problem with WIFI. It seems like if I open the lid in a particular way the wifi network adaptor gets disabled and I have to reset the network under network and internet settings. But today it didn't even got enabled after reset then I had to shutdown the system closed and opened the lid to 180 degrees max and turned on the system to check and luckily the wifi got enabled again. I thought it might be a driver issue but I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem... did anyone have this problem or found solution kindly let know. Thank you for your time....
    Serial number - ************************ 

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]
    as you mention that the issue happens when you open the lid in particular way. it clearly indicates hardware issue. May be the cables are lose. If you think your unit is under warranty then i suggest you to contact acer support for help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Carbide
    I did contact the customer care but they were like update the driver from their portal. I mean the driver available is from 2017... I think it's better to visit the service centre to have a look at the hardware once...
  • Carbide
    Update - I contacted the service centre they had a check and informed there is no hardware issue and informed might be some bugs in win10, they did an os clean install updated the drivers but still seems to be having the same issue. As per my current observations, if the machine wakes up from hibernate mode wifi card is disabled, this is my assumption and observation. Did anyone had the same kind of issue kindly suggest...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Likely the hibernation is turning power to the card off and not turning it back on after waking. Can you check properties in Device Manager to see if there is a "Allow system to turn off to save power" setting?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.