Acer G6-710 - Boot problem - Help!

Gamman1
Gamman1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Morning, 

I have an Acer G6-710 which i bought for about two years ago. Everything's been working fine and so on. 
(https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/conten...oduct/6372?b=1)

I didnt have any problem with the hardware or the software on any level. 

Yesterday i made the brilliant choice of downloading an driver updater for my drivers. 
https://www.auslogics.com/en/software/driver-updater/
Auslogics Driver Updater.

Everything worked fine. The program searched through the computer and found 27 new updates for my drivers. 
I downloaded everything, and rebooted the computer. 
BIOS-screen shows up as always.
"Predator: System update is in progress. Please wait." 

The computer reboots. And then reboots. And then reboots. 
Now i cant even access the Predator BIOS/Startup screen. The screen is black and the computer just keeps rebooting. 
Everything is okay on the hardware side. I opened the computer yesterday and looked for any faulty componenets, but i havent really touched anything so nothing would be faulty. 

Im guessing that my drivers were from a third-party software and now its corrupted/ruined. 

I've been searching the internet for some clues but everything is almost about the hardware, which im 95% sure - is not the problem. 

I removed the current yesterday, grounded myself and removed the CMOS battery for 15mins, then plugged in the power again and booted the computer up again with same results. 
(Maybe i did the procedure wrong? Should i boot the computer without the battery first to get the BIOS resetted?) 

Anyway, i found BIOS-firmware on Acer download site, but how do i install it? 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    @Gamman1 Hi please follow the below steps which has been given below

1. Turn off the computer
    2. Unplug all the cables from back of the computer(Only From desktop tower)
    3. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release it to drain the flea power (which will release static electricity.)
    4. Reconnect all cables back again and turn on your computer.
    5. If it turns on keep tapping delete key to get on to bios then press f9 to load defaults(click yes) and press f10 to save
    and exit(Click yes).. Check whether it takes in to regular desktop screen
    6. If the 5th steps didn't work then do force down for 3 to 4 times(Turn on the computer and as soon you see acer logo turn
    off your computer)until you get on to advance boot options..if it works then try with safe mode or system restore option
    7. If the 6th step didn't work, press and hold down any of the alternate(ALT) keys and keep tapping f10 while you turn
    on the computer.. It will take in to acer recovery management(Note : This option will wipe out all data and applications 
    from the computer)