Acer Aspire 3 - Can i upgrade my ssd card from 256 to 1tb? what ssd brand can i buy?

Options
clarinette
clarinette Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can i upgrade my ssd card from 256 to 1tb? what ssd brand can i buy?

Answers

• bangqae
    bangqae Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, there shouldn't be any problem of how much storage capacity that you use, to me the problem is what slot do you use. Check first what slot that empty, if you using current ssd on SATA slot, but you also have M.2 empty slot, I do recommend buy new M.2. Also check what kind M.2 slot you had, is it support NVME or not. Hope this help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    It really depends on what model of Acer you own. Most have replaceable SSD or HDDs but some do not. Which model do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • clarinette
    Options
    Acer Aspire 3 with 256gb ssd and 1tb hdd and its processor is amd ryzzen 3 radeon vega graphics

• billsey
    Options
    There are a bunch of different Aspire 3 models. Is there a model number on one of the stickers? Something like A315-21-95KF, but likely with different numbers and letters after the A3.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • clarinette
    Options
    there is no model number in the sticker
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, I found a model that may match, Aspire A315-42G. Specs say A315-42G-R7KE-PE W10HGSL64A / R7 3700U / BT / RX 540X / 8G / 1TB+256GB PCI NVME / 2L4.8 / 15.6. The key here for your question is the NVMe SSD, it plugs into an M.2 slot so pretty much any of the M.2 NVMe 1TB drives will work. Today Newegg has a black Friday deal on a 2TB 660P drive for $172.99 and I just ordered one for my GX-281. A 1TB will be in the $100 range... Note that your system supports up to 32GB of memory and if you're going to be opening it up to install the new SSD you might as well bump the memory at the same time to 16GB or 32GB, depending on your usage.