Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 : expansion slots

Rainbowguy05
Rainbowguy05 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Does the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-58YY have more expansion slots ?

This laptop ships with a dedicated graphics card ( probably pre-installed in the x16 graphics card slot ) , but I was wondering if it has more expansion slots such as smaller ( x1 or x4 ) PCI express 2.0 slots ?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Rainbowguy05 !

Laptops are not like desktops.
    The building architecture is different.
    Dedicated GPUs are integrated directly into the motherboard and do not have PCIe slots.
    Most cards do not support this type of connection.
    RAM and M.2 slots only.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Rainbowguy05

Tinkerer

So there is no way to add something like sata II  or sata III ?

No slots at all ?
  • MaClane
    Laptop motherboard architecture is not like desktop computers.
    The high performance few have extra Sata connections but mostly standardized to hard drives by the controllers.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Rainbowguy05

Tinkerer

Thank you MaClane. I will do more research on this as it seems I have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Most likely I have misunderstood the meaning for expansion slots when I was learning about connections . It all mentions SATA at some point and multiple reviews talk about computers and laptops at the same time. Confusing. But I will take more time to learn more. Regards
  • MaClane
    Here's a basic difference between a desktop and a laptop mobo.
    The number of expansion slots, types and formats:

httpswwwcomputerhopecomcdnbigmbjpg

AN515-53 :

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,541 Trailblazer
    The AN515-54 laptop supports a single SATA drive, you can put either a HDD or SSD in and it's easy these days to find one bigger than the stock drive. You also have two RAM slots, supporting a maximum of 8GB of memory, using two 4GB modules. Finally there's a SD slot that allows you to expand storage.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.