There is no way to clean my laptop fan? I can't loosen it. Model is Acer E5-575G

Mickey22
Mickey22 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have looked up videos on the E5 series about how to remove the fan. In every video the fan is easily lifted once the screws are undone. However, when I try with mine, the fan is GLUED to the copper heat sink. So my only option is to displace the heat sink as well, which is held down by two screws which are utterly impossible to unscrew. Has anyone else had this issue? The tops of the screws are so corroded from me trying at this point that I think they're in there for good. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Here's a shot with the fan assembly removed. How/where do you think it's glued to the Cu sink? On the edge? Or on it's platform? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mickey22
    Mickey22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Here's a shot with the fan assembly removed. How/where do you think it's glued to the Cu sink? On the edge? Or on it's platform? Jack E/NJ

The fan, as far as I can tell, is glued to the top of the area which I circled. I watched videos of people removing the fan easily. When I try, Its so difficult to lift from that surface that I feared I would break something, which makes me thing there is adhesive keeping it down. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Weird. Do you have enough room to try to slip a razor blade between the fan housing and tube? It may just need a bit of gentle razor blade leverage between them to pop loose. If not, how many of the 5 airtube screws were you able to remove? You really need to have a set of jewelers philipsheads to get a good grip on them. The heads are easily damaged with the wrong size philipshead.  Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ