Touchscreen scrolls or right-clicks when tapped - R11 Chromebook CB5-132T-C1LK

whitemouse
whitemouse Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, 

Whenever I tap the screen gently, the Chromebook either acts like I held/right-clicked, or scrolls down unexpectedly. This has been going on since I got it - I just can't deal with it anymore. This happens no matter what angle the screen is at. I haven't been able to find any answers anywhere. If you can help, thanks in advance!

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @whitemouse
    You can try to disable the Tapping 

Enabling the Tap to Click option for Synaptics touchpads:

1. Click Start and then Control Panel.
    2. Select Classic View from the left side of the window.
    3. Double-click the Mouse icon and, then, select the Device settings tab.
    4. Click the Settings button and, then, Tapping .
    5. Select the Disable tapping check box and click OK .
  • whitemouse
    whitemouse Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Tom, 

Thanks for your response. This Chromebook runs on Google OS, so there's no Control Panel. I did find that setting, but since my problem is with the touchscreen - not the touchpad - it didn't help. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Can you see anything physical that might affect the screen? Bulging or warping? What about contaminants on the screen, does cleaning help?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gerben
    Gerben Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am experiencing the same problem with my CP-311 Chromebook. Does anyone have a solution, of do I have a faulty touchscreen?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Sometimes this can also be caused by static electricity on the surface that's holding your computer. I've seen similar effects with my system if I am using it in bed this time of the year, the blanket is one of those fuzzy ones with likely lots of polyester in the fibers. If I move the blanket away or move the computer to my desk the problems go away.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lucash47
    lucash47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I am having the same problem.  I am trying to write notes in OneNote and whenever I dot an I or make a period, it right clicks and asks if I want to open an attachment.  I can't use the Chromebook for what I bought it for at this point.  Does anyone have a solution?  Also, I have it on my glass desk so it is not a static electricity issue.

Thanks!