Why does my helios 300 315-52 gpu drops when using on battery compared with its power plugged in?

Engrgwapo
Engrgwapo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently purchased helios 300 315-52 and I have noticed that its gpu drops when using on battery compared with its power plugged in. Specially when running autocad programs. Does anyone knows what's the issue or problem? Thanks

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Engrgwapo !

There is absolutely no mistake much less problem.
    This is just the normal functionality of any laptop.

The construction and operation architecture of a laptop is different from that of a computer.

Both processor and GOU only achieve maximum performance when the device is plugged into a power outlet.
    No existing battery has the power or ability to provide power continuously for hardware to achieve high performance.

Then using the battery, the whole system will activate the economy base mode.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Also, using GPU intensive apps/playing GPU intensive games on battery can deteriorate the battery pretty badly. Always use laptop with power source when doing such kind of stuff.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!