E15-575 won’t turn on

dnmccoy
dnmccoy Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Laptop has been working fine, I normally leave the ac adapter plugged in and the laptop sitting on my desk. Last night I forgot to plug it in and I’m assuming the battery ran dead through the night. I plugged it in and the orange battery light comes on but it will not turn on. It’s been plugged in for an hour or so and still will not turn on

Battery is internal and inaccessible. I unplugged the ac adapter and hit the battery reset button. If I hit the power button it’s powers ok but only stays on for a couple seconds.

any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Keep charging it, preferrably till the charge light turns blue. The battery may or may not come back. Sometimes takes a long time for a flat battery to charge up to a usable voltage. Almost like a dead short to the charger.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dnmccoy
    Light is now blue but doesn’t turn on by the power button
  • JackE
    Did you keep the charger plugged in after it turned blue? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dnmccoy
    I did for a few hours and it turned on! Not sure why it took so long but I’m backing up files now Incase it takes a ***** again
  • JackE
    >>>Sometimes takes a long time for a flat battery to charge up to a usable voltage.>>>
    >>>Light is now blue but doesn’t turn on by the power button>>>

Please answer. Was the charger plugged in when it first turned blue but  didn't turn on? This is important to know as it relates to the battery condition. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dnmccoy
    Yes I had it on the charger and noticed it had turned blue
  • JackE
    Yes, I understand that it turned blue. But what I would like to know is did you keep the charger plugged in when tried to turn it on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dnmccoy
    Yes I did.