I have a nitro 5 issue AN515-52

Newbie36
Newbie36 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, im new to the laptop etc world so i dont really get it.. i only know how to use.
Short story my laptop is Nitro AN515-52 with a ram of 8 GB
i think my laptop is overheating when playing games. I encountered this issue 2 month ago until now ,when i play csgo the fps always drop, heres the example of me when playing csgo on the lowest graphic setting

I already go to the service centre and using waranty, they already clean my fan, change the thermal paste and the thermal plate but my laptop still like this..
friends told me if that may your setting or virus so reset you laptop.. but when i did no major change
and heres when i play osu..

please help i dont what to do.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi 
    Try undervolting a bit. I used intel xtu and under volted cpu by 0.125. But even without this my idles were pretty much like below. Undervolting made a difference when playing games. My normal 85-95 temps reduced to about 80-85 most of the time for very intensive games like ghost recon wildlands, and for less intensive ones like RUST it is about 60-75.

My idle temps are about 40-50, and normal load around 60.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • Newbie36
    Newbie36 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Tom2019 Hey tom is it safe to undervolt? when i tried to undervolt theres a warning that i might lose my waranty... and i donw really want to lose my waranty.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    Newbie36 said:
    @Tom2019 Hey tom is it safe to undervolt? when i tried to undervolt theres a warning that i might lose my waranty... and i donw really want to lose my waranty.
    It is safe to undervolt, it is unsafe to overvolt. I think the Warning is generic for any interference with the CPU and presumes you are going to overvolt, However it would be irresponsible for me to tell you to ignore the warranty warning. I would contact Acer support for your region and ask them to clarify
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=2.178343012.1565315166.1568641242-218381942.1567545004 tab

Also make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

3. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★