Aspire VX-15 (VX5-591G) IPS backlight bleeding

TheSpiderous
TheSpiderous Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone!
I'm an owner of an Aspire laptop (model VX5-591G) and I'm experiencing some issues with excessive backlight bleeding. It looks very awful and it often disturbs me when I'm working, even in daylight. I bought the laptop almost 2 years ago and it has already been repaired once (I had a problem with a broken hinge). I also reported a small issue with backlight back then but they just said that everything was ok and renewed a screen. After the repair, the problem with bleeding didn't disappear. I tried to loosen screws but it wasn't the real cause of it. I discovered that a screen frame was too tightened to clamps and after reassembling it, the screen returned to have a visible backlight.

First picture presents the screen with the frame took off and the second one reassembled:

So my question is of course, is it normal or I have to again report it and wait another week without a device I usually work on? It somehow frustrates me because surprisingly MSIs and Aspires don't have these problems, at least not in my neighborhood and friends who own them.

Thanks!

Answers