Aspire E3-111 No POST, what options do I have?

Rich0864
Rich0864 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

The complete model is E3-111-C5JR. The specs are Intel Celeron N2830, 4GB DDR3L RAM, 500GB HDD. It won't POST. No Acer logo, anything. Only the backlight and power indicator lights up. No clue why it happened.

I've tried running it without the battery, without HDD removed, removing CMOS battery and putting it back, holding the power button down with AC and battery removed and trying again. I tested the CMOS battery with a voltmeter and confirmed that it still works.

Is there anything else I could try? There is no information online about reflashing the BIOS of this particular model.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    It looks like you're getting close to exhausting the options. The two most common events that lead toward those symptoms are a display failure and a motherboard failure. If it's the motherboard then it's likely pretty fatal, since if it doesn't even get to the splash screen it's failing really early, so not just a bad memory chip of other peripheral. If it's the screen however there are a couple of things to check. Do you have access to an external monitor to try to see if it's putting something up but the main screen is just not showing it? If so give that a try to see if anything happens.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rich0864
    Rich0864 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    I do have access to one. Laptop itself only has HDMI for a display out so I used that. Hooked it up and showed nothing, unfortunately.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Pretty much means it's likely toast... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.