Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

upgrading ram

jEDIGUEVEjEDIGUEVE Member Posts: 2 New User
I upgraded my RAM from 24 g to 32 g with 2X 8g VIPER ddr4 pc-4 19200 2400 mhz and my windows ramdomly crash with diff blue screen code error,
i removed i slot to go down at 24 g and it work fine, the motherboard have a capacity of 64g max, why when its 32 g it cause issues with win 10?

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 8,832 Trailblazer
    You might be having an issue with one of the new ram sticks or with an incompatibility with the new and old. Are the old and- new both the same voltage? What about the clocks, are they the same? When you were running with the 24, was it 8-8-8 or 8-8-4-4? Now it's 8-8-8-8?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jEDIGUEVEjEDIGUEVE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello Billsey,

No theyre all 2400mhz and all 8 gig each, i remaved one slot from one of the new to go back at 24 gig and no problem now.

I did a RAM test with the 4 slots and it passed no problem.