Sound is way too low on my Aspire A515-52. Tried several solutions given for this topic, to no avail

BettyBoop06
BettyBoop06 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've tried reinstalling the Realtek driver directly from the Acer website and the sound was restored for a few days but then the problem reappeared. Subsequent attempts at reinstalling have not produced results. The sound issues only occur when I try to listen to videos. The prompt sounds work just fine and I don't have any issues when I go on YouTube Music specifically.

The following steps have not fixed the problem, so please do not suggest again:

1) I do not have an Enhancement tab in ''Sound''. Also, the playback devices option is not accessible by  right-clicking the sound icon on the taskbar (the options that come up do not include ''Playback Devices''). Therefore this solution wouldn't work for my laptop.
2) I've also clicked on Troubleshoot settings and ran the Troubleshooter in the Playing Audio section. I got a message stating that ''Troubleshooting could not identify the problem''
3) Windows Update is up to date.
4) I've checked the slider on the sound icon in the taskbar, as well as in the Volume Mixer. All sliders are at maximum.

What else can I do to fix the issue besides sending my laptop for repair? It is brand new, as I only bought it about a month ago. This is frustrating...

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening BettyBoop06 !

What version of driver is installed?
    Have you tried reinstalling the factory OEM system and checking if the error occurs before any upgrade?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

Hi, McLane,

I downloaded and reinstalled the Realtek driver straight out of Acer's page, if that's what you mean.
    If that is not what you meant, how does one reinstall this ''Factory OEM system''? Can you guide me as to the precise steps to do this?
  • BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    MaClane said:
    Good evening BettyBoop06 !

What version of driver is installed?
    Have you tried reinstalling the factory OEM system and checking if the error occurs before any upgrade?

Hi, McLane,

Hi, MaClane

I downloaded and reinstalled the Realtek driver straight out of Acer's page just today, if that's what you mean. Version: 6.0.1.8475

If that is not what you meant, how does one reinstall this ''Factory OEM system''? Can you guide me as to the precise steps to do this?

• BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    To further clarify I installed Audio Driver, Version 6.0.1.8475 dated 2018/08/27. When I entered my laptop's serial number on the ACER website, this is the Audio driver that popped up. I didn't see any for 2019, so if there is a more recent one, I don't know where it is.
  • MaClane
    You can either try to update the driver by downloading directly from the Realtek website or you can reinstall the system.
    To do this, simply press ALT + F10 when you switch on the device.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    MaClane said:
    You can either try to update the driver by downloading directly from the Realtek website or you can reinstall the system.
    To do this, simply press ALT + F10 when you switch on the device.

I can't find the driver directly on the Realtek website. I don't know what to download and the link provided by the others doesn't lead anywhere.
    And when I press ALT + F10, all it does is open a random software installed on my computer (in my case, it's Spotify). How do I reinstall the system step by step? I'm not computer savy and none of the responses work...
  • MaClane
    The Realtek website has all drivers already manufactured and distributed by Realtek.
    Just look for the right board module.

You must press ALT + F10 as soon as you turn on the power and not within the Windows system.
    As an OFF device, turn on the power switch, and then before the Acer logo appears, press ALT + F10 to begin the OEM system reinstallation procedure.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    MaClane said:
    The Realtek website has all drivers already manufactured and distributed by Realtek.
    Just look for the right board module.

You must press ALT + F10 as soon as you turn on the power and not within the Windows system.
    As an OFF device, turn on the power switch, and then before the Acer logo appears, press ALT + F10 to begin the OEM system reinstallation procedure.

when I go to the Realtek website and enter ''audio drivers'' in the search box, I get 10 results. As you can see in the screenshot, there is no intelligible description for the layperson. How am I supposed to know which one to pick? On the Acer website, it's quite clear (although it didn't fix my issue) but on Realtek, not so much... I have no clue which one I need. I'm not computer savvy and I don't understand the specifications

As for Alt + F10, I will try that in a minute and let you know how it goes
    PS: I tried again and nothing happens :(
  • BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

I give up :(  I guess I'll have to send this brand new laptop for repair under the warranty...
  • MaClane
    Your device has no warranty issue.
    Just update and configuration issue.
    If you are not adequately aware, I suggest you seek a technician or you may try using driver optimizer software such as DriverBooster or DriverMax.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Your device has no warranty issue.
    Just update and configuration issue.
    If you are not adequately aware, I suggest you seek a technician or you may try using driver optimizer software such as DriverBooster or DriverMax.

OK. Thanks for your recommandations. I'll try DriverBooster.
  • BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

Ughhhh… I just bought the DriverBooster and ran it but the volume remains low, although slightly  louder than before. I wasted my money. Should have brought it straight to a technician...