Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Product Name : Predator PH315-52
SN : *************************
SNID : *************
RAM : 1x16 
GPU : GTX1660Ti
CPU : i7 9750H

On Gaming, whenever overclocking the GPU/Switch to turbo mode, thing are getting weird all-over the screen RGB dots / Black Flickers occurs.
Sometimes in normal mode also it happens !!!!

Troubleshoot done was : With the help of Acer Technically support team uninstalled and re-installed the driver & software, but nothing worked out !!!!!!!!!!  Failed.

Ref Video(This will be avialable post 21 days : 54 MB File) : http://http//www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g3463781832f7079b10002092250de2dc063a2bff7f

Seriously i don't know what is happen ? Hardware problem ? driver missing ? Anything else ? Defective !!!! Idk !!!

Kindly guess me

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    Only this game? Or all the games?

Also, if you are on Windows 1903 or later, do NOT use turbo mode.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • GodOfDeath
    GodOfDeath Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

In every game, it happens. 

Why should not i use the turbo mode ? Everything are made to be used ! It's a feature of the machine !
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder

Why should not i use the turbo mode ? Everything are made to be used ! It's a feature of the machine !
    Please check posts on forums... windows 1903 broke features related to overclocking GPUs.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

sri369 said:

Please check posts on forums... windows 1903 broke features related to overclocking GPUs.
    sri369 said:

Bro, sometime it comes on normal' mode also ? Any idea 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    GodOfDeath so have you tried a battery power drain followed by a bios setup defaults and a stock clean install to rule out any software issues if this persists after a clean install its definitely not software and i would send it back to get it checked/repaired

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    sri369 said:

Is that similar to the Turbo Mode in 2017 models? Because on 1909, I overclocked to Turbo and got some extra FPS (3-5 only). GPU still works.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    GodOfDeath so have you tried a battery power drain followed by a bios setup defaults and a stock clean install to rule out any software issues if this persists after a clean install its definitely not software and i would send it back to get it checked/repaired
    I will try it out .
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Is that similar to the Turbo Mode in 2017 models? Because on 1909, I overclocked to Turbo and got some extra FPS (3-5 only). GPU still works.
    Ya this is how it should be working. See how i received it pathetic laptop.
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Well, if you have time and already have a backup, try clean installing 1909 and installing all the drivers from support page. Check if this issue occurs first with no overclock and 2nd with overclock. For me, I had no issues, although I clean installed 1903 and moved to 1909 through Windows Update. Also, I tried this overclock in 1909.
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Well, if you have time and already have a backup, try clean installing 1909 and installing all the drivers from support page. Check if this issue occurs first with no overclock and 2nd with overclock. For me, I had no issues, although I clean installed 1903 and moved to 1909 through Windows Update. Also, I tried this overclock in 1909.
    Tired bro, problem didn't resolved. 
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Tried with Microsoft's ISO or just Alt+F10 reset?
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Alt+F10 bro!
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Alt+F10 bro!
    Try with Microsoft's ISO this time. On Acer's stock one, I had BSODs but since the time I clean installed with ISO, I haven't got a single issue.
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Alt+F10 bro!
    Try with Microsoft's ISO this time. On Acer's stock one, I had BSODs but since the time I clean installed with ISO, I haven't got a single issue.
    Alright I can try it out.
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Agreed, Acer's ISO has problems. Also that looks like a software problem since it appears only in gaming right?
  • GodOfDeath

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    sri369 said:

Ya this is how it should be working. See how i received my product pathetic.