What's wrong with my laptop if only the lightbulb indicator is flashing? Aspire R15

JerryBaklycki
JerryBaklycki Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire R15 2 in 1, and I will not turn on. It will not charge or respond to any inputs. It's fairly old and I reimaged it, but it's never had an issue like this. Of the two lights on the bottom right, only the indicator labeled with a light bulb is binking orange. The battery indicator will not respond, even when charging.

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    If you know the battery works then take it out, and hold down the power button for 20 seconds . Next put the battery back in and plug in the power cord. The orange charging light should turn on. Once the blue charged light comes on, try to turn on your laptop. If this still does not work you may need to replace the motherboard.

If your computer is only showing a black screen when you start you may have a virus. You will need to run malware software unless you do not need the data that is stored on your laptop. If this is the case, you can start your laptop and continue tapping the F8 key. A menu should come up and select REPAIR. Click ok and next until you get to a screen where you choose RECOVERY MANAGEMENT . This will restore your computer to factory defaults, but it will delete all of your data.

If you like the Answer please click Accept.