Problem with display driver

Timyen
Timyen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I try to installed display driver from intel support but the system says need to obtain from manufacturers..my laptop now have problem with display although just bought for two months..any solution?

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    @Timyen

Follow steps below to uninstall the Graphic driver.

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager window.

2) Expand the Display adapters branch.Right-click the display driver and click Uninstall.

3) After uninstall the driver, restart your PC and check to see if the problem is resolved.

STEP:2 

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

Type regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor.

2) Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

3) On the Edit menu in the right pane, right-click on the blank place. Click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows.

If your PC is running 32-bit operating system, follow these steps:

a) Select DWORD (32-bit) Value.

b) Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.

c) Double-click TdrDelay and add “8” for the Value data and click OK.

If your PC is running 64-bit operating system, follow steps below:

a) Select QWORD (64-bit) Value.

b) Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.

c) Double-click TdrDelay and add “8” for the Value data and click OK.

4) Restart your PC and check to see if the problem is resolved.

"Hit Accept if Its Helpful" 

• Timyen
    Timyen Member Posts: 2 New User
    sorry. is it safe to follow your steps..my graphic driver is intel uhd graphic..should i just try it?😅😅 i emailed acer about this they replied but havent come out with a solution 😅😅😅😅
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Sure, the worst that will happen is you'll boot up into the Basic Display adapter while the system downloads the correct driver. Stop after step 1 and report back before starting the reswt.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.