New Acer laptop A515-43-R4Z2 screen is washed out

Brick76
Brick76 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I just purchased an Acer laptop A515-43-R4Z2 and I'm having some trouble with the display appearing washed out.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.HF6AA.001

I bought this laptop to replace a budget Toshiba laptop a135-s2386 I bought in 2004. Side by side, the Toshiba display looks far better and it's 15 years older. I have a Samsung 245BW display for my desktop from 2008 that looks perfect. The Toshiba display is nearly as good, just very slightly washed out. I have them sitting side by side and the difference is night and day. My eyes strain trying to read text on my new Acer laptop, but otherwise I love it.

I tried tweaking the windows and ATI color, brightness and gamma settings, which helped a little but it still looks very washed out.

I'm wondering if there's another Acer model around the same price range but with a better display? I've been checking out the below models as a possible replacement, but it seems that all have this issue?

Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-597W

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Don't waste too much more time on trying to fix this. Do an ALT+F10 erase everything cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If the problem still exists immediately after the reset, then return the system to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange ASAP. Once you get the refund, then we can decide what might be a better system for a comparable price. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brick76
    Answer ✓
    Ok, I tried the factory reset and it will still like that when it booted. I'm going to swap it out, thanks for the advice!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Don't waste too much more time on trying to fix this. Do an ALT+F10 erase everything cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If the problem still exists immediately after the reset, then return the system to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange ASAP. Once you get the refund, then we can decide what might be a better system for a comparable price. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brick76
    Answer ✓
    Ok, I tried the factory reset and it will still like that when it booted. I'm going to swap it out, thanks for the advice!