Aspire 5 A515 Which RAM type should I combine with my soldered RAM

nullbyte
nullbyte Member Posts: 13 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have an Aspire 5 A515 51g model and it has 4gb RAM soldered into the board. Now the problem is I can't find the equivalent of my current RAM. All I could find in amazon is Crucial RAMs which is also a part of Micron I believe.
So Should I try the Crucial RAM? The one I noted on amazon was 2400mhz CL17 4gb/8gb RAM. Is it compatible?
Here is my RAM info:-

Answers

• nullbyte
    Sorry, Here is the full working link to the info
    https://snipboard.io/RW4PJs.jpg

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Your Aspire A515-51G supports 20GB total of memory using the 4GB soldered to the motherboard and a 16GB module installed under the RAM cover on the bottom. It should be DDR4 1866/2133 SODIMM memory, you'll want to run a utility to see just which is already there and match the speed with the new stick.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nullbyte
    billsey said:
    Your Aspire A515-51G supports 20GB total of memory using the 4GB soldered to the motherboard and a 16GB module installed under the RAM cover on the bottom. It should be DDR4 1866/2133 SODIMM memory, you'll want to run a utility to see just which is already there and match the speed with the new stick.
    Does CL matter? Some say it matter and gotta configure it manually on BIOS but I don't see anything configurable in BIOS related to RAM
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    You get the best compatibility with matching clocks, but if they don't match the system just switches down to the slower of the two banks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.