Hi - New member saying hello with a few questions on new Nitro 5

arob
arob Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My older Aspire V Nitro (AVN) was playing-up (battery wouldn't charge, showed blank screen coming out of sleep & r/hand speaker was starting to crack up).  Because I'd started carting it around with me (due to 3 burglary attempts on my home) I took a look inside to see whether something had been dislodged or whatever.  Unfortunately, when disconnecting wiring from the rear header, the header broke off from the motherboard due to v tight connection - oh dear - I gave up on bothering to repair and I'm typing this on my new (refurbished) Nitro 5.
However, Nitro 5 was advertised as a dual drive (SSD + HDD), but what turned up was laptop with just an HDD.  Rather than send it back (and fore-go the considerable refurb' saving), I came to a deal with supplier for partial refund.

I'm now planning to install the AVN's SSD in the Nitro 5.  Should be easy right ?  Not !!  Quite a few questions with regard to, but one at a time ...

First question:  I have 4 partitions on the Nitro 5 HDD (according to MiniTool Part' Wizard) - they are ESP,  (Other),  C:Acer,  Recovery.  The (Other) partition is 16MB and is empty:  can I delete/ignore this when I'm doing a Nitro 5 system backup for transfer to the SSD ??

Answers

• arob
    Further to;  I just had the sense to check primary drive (SSD) partitioning on the old Aspire V Nitro:  same partitioning !  What is this 16mb (Other) reserved partition ??

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    @brummyfan3 one for you to answer here m8

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• arob
    I'm even more intrigued about the (Other) reserved partition because the Win 10 create system image process ignored it (or couldn't identify).  When I 'recover' the system to the transferred SSD (as per my 1st post) there won't be an (Other) reserved partition any more.  Will it matter ?