why does my acer one s1003 wifi setting disappeared. i cant connect to internet

crimsonwaffle
crimsonwaffle Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
cant find my wifi settings i tried the solution i find on internet but it didnt work

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95

Solution 1: Check your network settings

If you don’t have the WiFi switch on your laptop or computer, you can check it in your system.

1) Right click the Internet icon, and click Open Network and Sharing Center.

2) Click Change adapter settings.

3) Right click WiFi, and click EnableNote: if it has enabled, you will see Disable when right click on WiFi (also referred to Wireless Network Connection in different computers).

4) Restart your Windows and reconnect to your WiFi again.

Solution 2: Turn on WLAN AutoConfig service 

WLAN AutoConfig service (also referred to Wireless Configuration in Windows XP) can configure wireless security and connectivity settings. When enabled, WLAN Auto Config settings apply to all wireless network adapters installed on your computer. Moreover, when the WiFi becomes available, it will automatically connect to a preferred wireless network. You can follow these steps to enable it:

1) On your keyboard, press Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box, and type services.msc, then press Enter.

2) Right click Wlan AutoConfig (if you are using Windows XP, right click Wireless Configuration), and click Properties.

3) Select Automatic in Startup type, then click Apply, and click OK

4) Restart your PC and reconnect to your WiFi network to see if your WiFi shows up.

If you like the Answer please click Accept.

• crimsonwaffle
    crimsonwaffle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Balu said:

Solution 1: Check your network settings

If you don’t have the WiFi switch on your laptop or computer, you can check it in your system.

1) Right click the Internet icon, and click Open Network and Sharing Center.

2) Click Change adapter settings.

3) Right click WiFi, and click Enable. Note: if it has enabled, you will see Disable when right click on WiFi (also referred to Wireless Network Connection in different computers).

4) Restart your Windows and reconnect to your WiFi again.

Solution 2: Turn on WLAN AutoConfig service 

WLAN AutoConfig service (also referred to Wireless Configuration in Windows XP) can configure wireless security and connectivity settings. When enabled, WLAN Auto Config settings apply to all wireless network adapters installed on your computer. Moreover, when the WiFi becomes available, it will automatically connect to a preferred wireless network. You can follow these steps to enable it:

1) On your keyboard, press Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box, and type services.msc, then press Enter.

2) Right click Wlan AutoConfig (if you are using Windows XP, right click Wireless Configuration), and click Properties.

3) Select Automatic in Startup type, then click Apply, and click OK

4) Restart your PC and reconnect to your WiFi network to see if your WiFi shows up.

If you like the Answer please click Accept.

thanks for this response. but it didnt work 😢
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    @crimsonwaffle Show us a picture of your Device Manager with hidden devices on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.