Acer Aspire A315-22 Laptop Upgrade

adasbob
adasbob Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2019 in Aspire Laptops
I have a question regarding my laptop, I have an Acer Aspire A315-22 with 4 Gbs of RAM and 1 TB HDD with AMD A6-9220e and Radeon R4

1. About RAM upgrade, if I want to upgrade my RAM, can I upgrade my RAM using any brand or there is a specific brand for my laptop

Answers

• ineuw
    ineuw Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    adasbob said:
    I have a question regarding my laptop, I have an Acer Aspire A315-22 with 4 Gbs of RAM and 1 TB HDD with AMD A6-9220e and Radeon R4

1. About RAM upgrade, if I want to upgrade my RAM, can I upgrade my RAM using any brand or there is a specific brand for my laptop
    Open the laptop case and copy the details of the existing memory chip. Check if it's DDR3 or DDR4. Do the same with the RAM MHz speed. You can buy a 100% matching SODIMM, (laptop memory) with the same specs as the original, even though it's from another manufacturer.

I purchased the following for my new Acer laptop last week. Single means that it is single rank which means that the chips are only on one side of the SODIMM board.

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2666 MHz DDR4 DRAM Laptop Gaming Memory Single 4GB CL16 BLS4G4S26BFSD (Gray)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    You don't need a specific brand, but they should meet the same specs for speed, voltage, clocks and the like.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Was
    Was Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have an Aspire 3 with the same configuration as the original poster. There is an empty memory slot on the mother board. However, adding new memory causes the machine to have a "Secure Boot Fail". This happens even if you switch Secure Boot off in the BIOS. The BIOS information page shows that it has picked up the extra memory. Looks like Acer locks the configuration on some models. I'm stumped. If anyone has any suggestions...
  • Twiggs747
    Twiggs747 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2020
    I have the same laptop, anyone been able to upgrade the ram without any issues if so any links to the correct upgrade board and what the limit is (i.e an extra 4gb or 8gb)
    Thanks in advance
  • AJ88
    AJ88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    HI, Need some advise i'm using the same laptop. Planning to upgrade my RAM since there is one available a slot. How much is the maximum capacity i can upgrade for this version? Watching Youtube at 4GB RAM is sucks!
  • AdamD
    AdamD Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a similar question about the same laptop. I have it for general everyday use (Office apps, browsing and a bit of youtube - that's it) but I find it quite laggy and nowhere near as fast as I feel it should be. Am I going to see an improvement if i put another 4-8gb in?
  • Grovedale
    Grovedale Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all my question is I have A315-22 40 A how many slots in this laptop for ram?
    its got 4+4 what do i need to get the 4+8?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Grovedale,

As you can see, there is one RAM SODIMM slot, which enables you to upgrade the soldered 4GB memory. In terms of storage, you get one 2.5-inch SATA drive bay and an M. 2 slot for NVMe drives.