What CPUs in the i7 Category are Supported by the Motherboard for the Nitro N50-600 UR14?

Options
Lapjun
Lapjun Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I wanted to mostly know if it could be upgraded up to an i7 9700k.

Best Answer

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Lapjun said:
    Okay, thank you.  Also, should I look into B360 motherboards cause the one I mentioned is B360, as well as what CPUs the BIOS supports?
    Yes, you should.

Answers

• JohnCena
    Options
    Hello.
    Can I know model of your motherboard?
    To learn that, do Win+R and write there msinfo. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it.
  • Lapjun
    Options
    The motherboard model (baseboard product) is just listed as "Nitro N50-600" 
    If you need to know, the BIOS version is R01-A0 (from March in 2018), which is not even listed on the Acer Nitro N50-600 BIOS updates, so I am not sure about the BIOS compatibility.
    All drivers and manuals for Nitro N50-600 https://www.acer.com/ac/sv/SE/content/support-product/7625?b=1&pn=DG.E0HEQ.046

• Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I was looking at some other posts about the Nitro 50's motherboard, and some people say that it is this ( Carlos B360_UMA_UDIMM4_M.2_6KV_RTL8118AS ), which I am not sure at all about.  (This was taken from a Nitro N50-600 post except their cpu was i5, so socket or BIOS may be different on theirs?)

• JohnCena
    Options
    What's your current processor?
  • Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    Options
    It is an Intel core i7 8700 Coffee Lake.
  • JohnCena
    Options
    I'm not sure but most of the 8th gen motherboards support 9th gen too. It's better to you to research more about this.
  • Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Okay, thank you.  Also, should I look into B360 motherboards cause the one I mentioned is B360, as well as what CPUs the BIOS supports?
  • JohnCena
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Lapjun said:
    Yes, you should.