Someone registering a product under my email address -- where to report that?

arkaycee
arkaycee Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi all, I received a "Thank you for signing up with Acer!" email to one of my own email addresses, though I haven't. At the bottom of the email, it says:
"If you have not recently registered an Acer product and believe someone else may have used your email address, report this to Acer Support in your country."
However, it's not more specific than that. I am in the United States. So... where *do* I actually report that? Otherwise I'm just going to have to do a lost password and change the email addresss to something random.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Hello arkaycee,

I have sent you a private message.
    Thank you for posting in Acer Community.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • arkaycee
    arkaycee Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Acer-Karp. Your reply had nothing to do with my message. I don't own an Acer unit. Someone misused my email address to register their unit, but it's not me.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

I apologize for that. I had replied to your message about your email being used by someone else. We have request the correct department to look at the Account and have this matter taken care of.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Seattlenerd
    Seattlenerd Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Acer-Karp I have the same issue: I just received an email saying someone had signed up with my primary email address to register their new Acer product. There seems to be no clear way to report it, other than posting here or via chat/phone call. 

I even had to create an Acer account using a secondary email address I have, even though I don't want an Acer account, to report the misuse of my primary email address.

How do I report the misuse of my primary email address to have that account deleted/blocked, and then have this Acer ID removed that I had to create with a different email address to report it? Thank you.