Any solutions? Predator G3 710

Benny_DK
Benny_DK Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello, so i have a Predator G3 710 and i have upgraded from gtx 970 to gtx 1660 ti and from 8gb ddr4 ram to 16gb ddr4 ram. My processor is an i5 6400 and i've been wondering why it still keeps lagging in my games? i have the recommended specs, i've tried searching about it, but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions as to why and what i should do to get a lag free experience?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Two things that I can think of... The i5 is a bit less efficient than an i7, the 6th gen i5 has four cores and four instructions at once. The i7 has four cores and can do eight instructions at once, so if the game is multitasking the i7 will be much faster. The other has to do with the HDD. If the games is reading or writing data to the drive, and that data is at all fragmented on the drive there will be a lot of seeks moving the heads from one place to another on the drive. Those take a long, long time in relation to actual data transfer speeds once the seek is done. With a SSD the seek time is essentially zero. So, depending on how much more you want to pimp your system, I'd suggest a SSD first and a processor second. Otherwise you look like you are about as good as it gets, until you can move to a tenth gen system...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    1. Make sure no other programs are running while you're playing. ...
    2. Update your graphics card drivers. ...
    3. Lower your in-game settings. ...
    4. Run a version optimized for your hardware or drivers. ...
    5. Disable integrated graphics card settings.
    6. Perform virus and malware scans.
    If you like the answer please click Accept.
  • Benny_DK
    Benny_DK Member Posts: 24 Networker
    edited November 2019
    Balu said:
    1. Make sure no other programs are running while you're playing. ...
    2. Update your graphics card drivers. ...
    3. Lower your in-game settings. ...
    4. Run a version optimized for your hardware or drivers. ...
    5. Disable integrated graphics card settings.
    6. Perform virus and malware scans.
    If you like the answer please click Accept.
    I've done all that you told me to but it doesnt help, maybe it will help if i reinstall my system?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Two things that I can think of... The i5 is a bit less efficient than an i7, the 6th gen i5 has four cores and four instructions at once. The i7 has four cores and can do eight instructions at once, so if the game is multitasking the i7 will be much faster. The other has to do with the HDD. If the games is reading or writing data to the drive, and that data is at all fragmented on the drive there will be a lot of seeks moving the heads from one place to another on the drive. Those take a long, long time in relation to actual data transfer speeds once the seek is done. With a SSD the seek time is essentially zero. So, depending on how much more you want to pimp your system, I'd suggest a SSD first and a processor second. Otherwise you look like you are about as good as it gets, until you can move to a tenth gen system...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.