My sisters laptop waterdamaged and she has her homework on there

Options
fewrfg3324
fewrfg3324 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

She has many essays that she needs to turn in that are on her waterdamaged laptop. She saved her essays onto the desktop folder.

It's the Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U, GeForce MX150, 8GB RAM Memory, 256GB SSD, E5-576G-5762 ( https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FLBJV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).

I know where the SSD is located and can get it out, but is her homework stored on there? And how do I recover the data from it.

I have an Acer laptop too, in case I can boot the SSD using my laptop.

I have the Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTHLX8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Thank you!

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Good evening fewrfg3324 !

The main question is which hardware was affected or not.
    There is no way to make sure where the files and data are stored as well as intact.

The idela would be to get the expert help to test the hardware.
    You can remove the SSD and use it on another device that has 2 M.2 slots or purchase an external adapter for SSD M.2

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Good evening fewrfg3324 !

The main question is which hardware was affected or not.
    There is no way to make sure where the files and data are stored as well as intact.

The idela would be to get the expert help to test the hardware.
    You can remove the SSD and use it on another device that has 2 M.2 slots or purchase an external adapter for SSD M.2

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!