No disk found when trying to install W10 on my new laptop, ACER Nitro 5 AN515-54, with complete info

Axil
Axil Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello again,

I am deeply sorry about this repost, but I was completely unable to interact with my previous post. When Billsey asked for more info, I was completely unable to post a comment to provide the requested info and I don't know why. So here is the same post (again, I'm sorry), but with the requested info.

So,
I just purchased the following laptop:

However, when I tried to install W10 on it, the installation process did not find any disk to install it on (I even opened up the PC to check if it was there and properly plugged in).

Here what I've seen so far:
When I first turn the PC on, I end up in there:

So I restarted the PC, pressing F2 to get in the BIOS, to change the booting order to boot on my USB key which has the W10 installation process on it.

But then, when W10 asks me to choose a disk to install it on, the list is empty:'(

And now, the requested info that I couldn't post for the life of me (Advanced tab, Info tab and Main tab):

There is the option to load a driver in the W10 installer (has you can see on the picture above :"Charger un pilote"), maybe that would help? But I don't know what driver I should download and use.

And if that doesn't help, what should I do then?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best Answer

• Axil
    Answer ✓
    Alright, I found the issue.

It's just that the W10 key I used had a too old version of W10. Creating a new key with a recent version fixed everything.

Answers

• Axil
    Hello there,

I just purchased the following laptop:

However, when I tried to install W10 on it, the installation process did not find any disk to install it on (I even opened up the PC to check if it was there and properly plugged in).

Here what I've seen so far:
    When I first turn the PC on, I end up in there:

So I restarted the PC, pressing F2 to get in the BIOS, to change the booting order to boot on my USB key which has the W10 installation process on it:

But then, when W10 asks me to choose a disk to install it on, the list is empty :'(

There is the option to load a driver, maybe that would help? But I don't know what driver I should download and use.

And if that doesn't help, what should I do then?

Thanks in advance for your answers! :)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Under the Information tab what is displayed? Same thing with Advanced and Main...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    set an admin password in the bios (under "security" - don't forget the password!), then you can change the F12 boot option to enable, and the SATA operation mode to RAID, save and exit with usb plugged in, F12 as it restarts, then select usb device with the 10 image on it, hopefully should see your ssd then. (thats how it works on Dell's with optane)
  • Axil
    Answer ✓
    Alright, I found the issue.

It's just that the W10 key I used had a too old version of W10. Creating a new key with a recent version fixed everything.
  • Maarulaowl
    Maarulaowl Member Posts: 1 New User
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:
    I have the same problem. Can anyone help with the issue? It is kind of annoying...
    I fixed the problem. As Axil wrote this is not an issue with the Windows keys but with the SSD drivers. To solve the problem, you need to:
    1. Download the following package: Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.
    2. Extract the ZIP file, and copy the extracted files on a USB drive. Connect this USB drive to the system where you are installing Windows 10
    3. On the page where you select the drive to use, click Load Driver.
    4. Click Browse, and navigate to the folder on the USB drive with the previously extracted files. When you selected this folder, click OK.
    5. Select Intel RST VMD Controller 9A08 (TGL), and click Next.
    6. The selected driver will be loaded, and the SATA drive will become available for selection on the screen.

source: US acer.com
    thank u man u are my hero :)
  • TomatoCatchUP
    TomatoCatchUP Member Posts: 3 New User
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:
    I have the same problem. Can anyone help with the issue? It is kind of annoying...
    I fixed the problem. As Axil wrote this is not an issue with the Windows keys but with the SSD drivers. To solve the problem, you need to:
    2. Extract the ZIP file, and copy the extracted files on a USB drive. Connect this USB drive to the system where you are installing Windows 10
    4. Click Browse, and navigate to the folder on the USB drive with the previously extracted files. When you selected this folder, click OK.
    6. The selected driver will be loaded, and the SATA drive will become available for selection on the screen.

thank u man u are my hero :)
    perfect! worked like a charm.
  • RBG378
    RBG378 Member Posts: 2 New User
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:

I was going nuts trying to find a solution to this issue. Thanks so so so much!!

• RBG378
    RBG378 Member Posts: 2 New User
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:

I was going nuts trying to find a solution to this issue. Thanks so so so much!! ;)

• Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited January 2022
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:

Thanks for this great tutorial, it really helps me on my Acer Nitro 5 core i5 11400H.
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:

Thanks for this great tutorial, it really help. 
  • johnj80
    johnj80 Member Posts: 1 New User
    radko79 said:
    radko79 said:

Your the man bro! it works 💯 legit no cap
  • Megabots1981
    Megabots1981 Member Posts: 1 New User

I need help

My computer has given me the blue screen that said automatic repair

Bottom part shows ( restart) next to it (advanced options )

Here's the problem when i went to system restore i didn't back it up to the previous dates

I need step by step help

Thank you in the advance