My in-built mic in my Spin 5 doesnt work

joemamamama
joemamamama Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
the in-built mic doesnt work, but if i plug in a mic in the AUX jack it doesnt work and i have a mic that works by being plugged into USB that only works like 30% of the time. I opened the troubleshooter, and that fixed it but as soon as i closed it it turned off again and it only works when the troubleshooter is open and i really need it to work

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95

Solution1: Allow access to microphone

If your microphone is not working on laptop, the first thing you want to check is whether you’ve allowed the app you’re using the mic on access to microphone.

Here’s how to do it: 

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type microphone, then click on Microphone privacy settings

2) Under the Allow apps to access your microphone section, make sure the toggle is On so that you can allow apps access to your microphone.

3) Scroll down to the Choose which apps can access your microphone section and make sure the toggle for the app you’re playing the microphone on is turned On

4) Check the mic and see if the microphone not working on laptop issue has been resolved. If yes, then great.

Solution2: Adjust your audio settings

Ideally Windows can automatically detect your microphone and set it as the default playback device every time it’s plugged into. But that’s not always the case and sometimes we’ll have to set default devices manually and set its sound levels.

To do so:

1. Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds.

2. Click the Recording tab, then click on your microphone device and click Set Default.

If your microphone device doesn’t show up in the device list, then right-click on the empty space and tick Show Disabled Devices. Then right-click on the microphone device once it appears and click Enable before you do step 2).
    3. Click on your microphone device again and click Properties.

4. Click the Levels tab, then drag the Microphone slider all the way to its top and click OK.

5. Click OK to apply the changes in the windows.
    6. Now that with microphone set as default device and the volume turned up, test your mic and see.

Troubleshoot hardware issues

If none of the fixes works for you, it’s time to check for potential hardware issues.

You can follow the steps below to narrow down and troubleshoot:

1. Connect your microphone device to another port on your laptop. If the mic works in the other port, it suggests this issue is probably caused by a faulty port, if your mic still doesn’t work, move on to 2), below.
    2. Connect your microphone device to another computer. If your mic works in another PC, you should contact the vendor of your laptop for advice; if your mic still doesn’t work in another PC, you should contact the vendor of your microphone device for support.
    If you like the answer please click Accept.