SSD windows not loading trying to load windows from HDD which I formatted

Praveenkumar
Praveenkumar Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have installed new SSD and cloned my windows to SSD from HDD and formatted HDD. I changed BIOS boot to ssd. But when I start my laptop it saying repairing pc setting and going to some other page. I enable boot option F12 when I restart it showing to boot option manger 1. HDD 2.SSD if I select SSD option it loading. If I restart it again trying to load from HDD, every time I need to pressF12 and loading to SSD. How to make load SSD by default and delete HDD pointed in boot option manager?

Answers

• Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi Praveenkumar

Windows would have placed a hidden recovery partition on that drive.
    When you removed that hard drive and it's recovery partition, you would not be allowed to boot.

If you have the room, reinstall the hard drive and add your new ssd elsewhere.

When installing windows, things get much easier if no other drives are attached, and the recovery partition will be placed on the windows drive.
  • Praveenkumar
    Praveenkumar Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi Praveenkumar

When you removed that hard drive and it's recovery partition, you would not be allowed to boot.

When installing windows, things get much easier if no other drives are attached, and the recovery partition will be placed on the windows drive.
    Is anyother way to boot SSD directly?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Press WIN+R. Enter 'msconfig'. Click 'boot' tab. Set SSD Win10 as default. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Praveenkumar

"hit Accept if its helpful"