Predator G3-710 GPU upgrade?

Terranovian
Terranovian Member Posts: 10 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have a Predator G3-710 gaming desktop (the i5-6400, GTX 950 variant). I recently upgraded my ram from a one 8GB stick of ddr4-2133 to two 8GB sticks of ddr4-2400 and I have just recently ordered an i7-6700k to replace my i5-6400 CPU. I am now looking to upgrade my GPU and I was thinking of getting an EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB GDDR6. Would this GPU be a good match for the i7-6700k and would my 500w PSU be sufficient to run this setup?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Both should be fine, there should be physically enough room for the GPU and 500W should handle it. If I were building a new machine with those specs I'd probably go with a slightly larger PSU (up to 750W maybe) but that's just to allow room for the future. As the components age and build up dust they'll get a little less efficient and want more power to keep everything running under pressure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Both should be fine, there should be physically enough room for the GPU and 500W should handle it. If I were building a new machine with those specs I'd probably go with a slightly larger PSU (up to 750W maybe) but that's just to allow room for the future. As the components age and build up dust they'll get a little less efficient and want more power to keep everything running under pressure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Terranovian
    billsey, thanks for your quick reply, its greatly appreciated!
  • Terranovian
  • Terranovian