Manual for Replacing Parts [Spin 5 SP513-51]

Spudly
Spudly Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I am technically oriented and need to replace my wonky keyboard on the Spin 5 SP513-51 and looking for documentation.  On the Acer Support site there is a User's manual but gives no information about the inside of the laptop and how to go about replacing certain parts.  Many other laptops I've owned have had such a thing - any insight where I might be able to find this?

TIA,
Glenn

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Spudly !

Which EXACT model of your laptop.
    Acer does not provide end user service manuals.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Spudly
    Spudly Member Posts: 2 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Spudly !

Which EXACT model of your laptop.
    Acer does not provide end user service manuals.

Hello MaClane,

That is terrible.  ;-(
    I am so aggravated as when I bought the laptop i had issue with the keyboard backlight.  It was replaced under warranty but then I had issues with a sequence of keys 'sticking'.  I put off dealing with it as I wasn't up to sending it in again.  Now the problem is exasperated but no longer under warranty and looking to do the repair myself.  I heard that almost the entire assembly needs to be taken apart and don't want to do it without a manual.

It's Acer Spin SP513-51-57TP.  Product code: NX.GK4AA.021

Thank you,
    Glenn
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The service manuals aren't publicly available. :( Technically it's not difficult but it is quite involved.  Basically you start at the bottom and work your way up to the keyboard. It'd be a lot easier if there were a way to bypass some of that, but the motherboard is attached right underneath the keyboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.