Acer SB220Q Power Management

Options
ericthegold
ericthegold Member Posts: 2 New User
I just purchased this monitor to work with my HP laptop. I plugged it in via hdmi, and the screen works perfectly. After 5 mins of inactivity, the monitor automatically goes into sleep/power save mode. Upon investigation, the user manual states that Acer enables power management mode from the factory, and part of that is the 5 min sleep. I can find no way to disable this, and it is extremely frustrating. When the screen sleeps, it takes 5+ seconds to come back on, and it always disconnects my outlook connection, so I need to close then re-open outlook.

Before anyone responds:
I have already tried changing power settings in Control Panel. This does nothing. 
I have also tried navigating the menu on the monitor itself. 

Why would acer do something like this from the factory? Please help as this needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Options

Disable the screen saver

Screen saver is the utility built in Windows. It will be activated after a certain period of Windows inactivity. If the screen saver is set to blank, and the wait time is 5 minutes, it’ll look like your screen has turned off or goes to sleep mode. So you can disable the screen saver and see if the problem persists.

You can follow the steps below to disable the screen saver. The steps depends on the Windows version your computer is running. The steps for Windows 10 and Windows 7 below.

For Windows 10:

1. Press Win+R (the Windows logo key  and the R key) on your keyboard to bring up the Start menu.
    2. Type lock screen settings in the search bar and select Lock screen settings.
    3. Click Screen saver settings at the bottom of the window.
    4. Set Screen saver to None
    5. Check to see if your computer keeps going to sleep.
    If you like the answer click Accept.

• ericthegold
    ericthegold Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This has already been attempted. Like I said, it is an internal setting within the Acer monitor. It is stated in the manual. 
  • xnvso
    xnvso Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I know I’m late but I’m having this same problem. Was there anyway you fixed this?